Saturday, March 30, 2013

Liebster Award

I have been nominated to the Liebster award by the author of the Nail Doodle.


I was actually nominated a while ago, but never felt like doing a post about. I am simply really lazy. As it turns out you have to have less than 200 followers to be nominated, and I have only three to go. So, it was about time to do the post.

For those that don't know, the liebster award is basically like a "you are great" chain mail.
The official rules are:

  1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  3. Ask 11 questions from the people you are nominating
  4. Find 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and nominate them
Facts about myself

1. I can't drink water. Not a single glass. Not even on a extremely hot day.
2. I am a tea addict. I drink about 4 liters of tea per day. Yikes. Tea is literally the only thing I drink
3. I adore cycling. In the past summer rode 45 km every single day. (I lost 5 kg.)
4. My laptop is always near me when I paint my nails. Therefore my laptop is covered in all kinds of paint and polish splatter.
5. I have the ability of completely embarrassing myself in every possible situation.
6. on the note of the previous fact. While I am living in Spain, my Spanish is rather poor. This has led to a lot of awkward conversations like:
Someone: Do I look bad without makeup?
Me: (I was not listening at all so I just smiled and said) Yes. 
(oh god why)
7. I constantly use google translate to check spelling.
8. I would die without an Internet connection.
9. I have been told that I have a very expressive face. I guess that's true. Because I once made a girl cry by saying: You look so slim. I have no idea what was the expression I showed, but it was enough to make her cry.
10. I skipped number 5.
11. Ok, I really didn't but I made you look didn't I.


The questions asked by Nail Doodle.

1) What was the last nail polish you bought?
It was Sugar Matte 646 by Kiko. It's the most gorgeous textured polish in black and silver. Matte finish but very sparkly. I bought it about a month ago.

2) Do you use Indie Nail polishes? If so, which is your favorite. 
I have never tried a single indie polish.

3) How do you photograph your manicures? 
I use natural light from my living room window. I have fat hands so I almost always wrap my hands in some kind of cloth. I use a Panasonic dmc-lx7 camera to photograph my nails. I adore this camera the macro is insane, it captures even the most miniature details. Some which I couldn't notice with the bare eye. Before I used the camera on my samsung galaxy 3 (3 not s3). It has the most fantastic macro I have ever seen on a mobile phone. It's is a looot worse than the camera but if you are in the right light in the right pose you can get pretty fantastic photos. Here is a photo taken with my phone.

4) Would you rather develop polish or review polish? 
Oh, I would adore developing my own polish. But it's rather hard to get the perfect colored/sized glitter and what it the glitter dissolves, and there are a million other problems. It's very time and recourse consuming. On the other hand I also love swatching. But the €1 class of polishes I buy aren't very swatchable. Swaching may be a lot less time consuming but it's definitely more expensive. However I would adore swatching if I could get the polish for free :D
5) What is your favorite nail art technique? 
Freehand. I rarely use any other.

6) How do you store your polish loot? 
I store my polishes in cleaned plastic candy boxes.
7) If you could move to a foreign country which one would it be? 
Well, I am a foreign student living in Spain. But if I had to choose a new one it would be any country with English as a native language.

8) Do you listen to movies or music when you are doing your nails? 
Nope, I am in complete silence. When I am painting mu nails I completely block out the rest of the world.
9) Do you have a favorite quote? If so please share it! 
Well I don't. 

10) Would you rather have every shade of crème polish or glitter polish? 
Every single shade??? Oh, that would be amazing. I would choose creme.

11) What is your favorite cartoon?
I don't have one.

Questions I am asking from my nominees.
1. Name your top five favorite nail blogs.
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. From which brand do you own the most nail polishes? How many?
4. How many nail polishes do you own.
5. How did you get into nail art? 
6. What's your favorite manicure so far.
7. What's your dream job?
8. What's your favorite color of nail polish?
9. What countries have you visited?
10. What other hobbies do you have?
11. Name something (non-academic) you would love to learn.

The Blogs I nominated.

Oh whoa, that was a lot of writing.





2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for this nomination :D
    Will answer all your questions soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Sorry for this late respond. Here's the link of my post where I answered all the question :)

    http://brown-skinnedgirl.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebters-award-2nd-and-3rd.html

    ReplyDelete