Sunday, December 2, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Nail Art

I did these nails for Ooooo Shiny's nail art contest. The theme is: nail art for a cause. I decided to do cancer awareness nails. I chose this theme because cancer is a very close disease to me. Many of my relatives have suffered cancer. Sadly, not all of them have survived. My mother was diagnosed with cancer 6 years ago. It was a very depressing time to everyone who was close to her. She had to have surgery to remove the tumour. During the operation the doctors found out that there was no cancer. She was misdiagnosed (phew).
Now she is happily living her life cancerless. I am lighting a candle to remember everyone that has been killed  by cancer. I invite you to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. What a brave post, Ria. Thank you for sharing. Cancer affects so many people... My uncle died of colon cancer last year. It really is a heck of an illness.

    Also, wow, your Wonder Woman is just amazing! Lovely mani. Thanks again for participating, it's really enriching to me to see all these issues that affect my fellow lacqueristas' lives.

    ReplyDelete